Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November 2011

So my pottery show was a huge success. Thank you to all my friends and family who put up with me during the week leading up to that. I got to leave my show up an extra month as well. A friend of mine also asked me to exhibit in his gallery for the month of November which is great. The gallery is called Circle Square, they kindly made all my display shelves for the show as well, find it here!

Right now I'm working on two projects. The first is the GLAM show that C&B Designs is in this holiday season, coming up on December 4th. We're super excited about getting to do a little holiday shopping for ourselves while we're there. Check out GLAMs of the past here

The second project is my Etsy page which should be up and running soon! I'm a little nervous about it especially because timeliness is not my strongest suit, but ultimately I think it will be an extremely positive thing for every one involved. 

Finally I would like to leave you with some pictures of work by an artist that I have just become familiar with ( don't know how I haven't seen her work before). Her name is Gwendolyn Yoppolo. She has an amazing ability to create super organic forms (inspired by images from a scanning electron microscope no less!), and pair them with super streamlined precise functional parts in the same pot. The combination of two seem almost mystical to me. Check the pictures out below and enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment