Friday, January 20, 2012

Classes and Vases

Classes start Monday! I'm super excited about this, those poor people in my class won't know what hit them. I am a little concerned about me being a total hardass about the lessons, it's a leisure course after all, not the pottery bootcamp course I had in school. I'm just going to teach the class I would have wanted to take. The value of an enthusiastic teacher is immeasurable.

So I have been thinking about digital drawing tablets and their implications for decal/screen printing work in limited production, and I have come to the conclusion that I must have one! I got a new monitor that's huge as well. I have a little experience screen printing on fabric, and the transition to pottery seems pretty straight forward. I need to find a super refined slip base though. I just wonder, is it worth the time? Normally I would want to use underglaze (for the colors) but I think they would run a little, or dissolve in the glaze. I'm going to try it anyway. Check back for some photos, and maybe a tutorial!

Another thing that has been on my mind is vase forms and colors. Here are some of my favorite inspirations so far! Sophie Cook, visit her site here.



and Molly Hatch for Anthropologie, see it here.




And finally another all time favorite is Diana Fayt, check out her other work here. She's teaching an e-course workshop on surfaces, I super curious how that's going to work. I'm probably taking it. I'll let you know how it goes.





No comments:

Post a Comment