Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crunch Time

    Recently, I have been feeling crunch time set in. The next eight weeks are crucial to my plans for every aspect of my life in the coming year, and yet there are details that I can't do anything about for weeks still. Waiting for things is not really one of my strong suits and it has been challenging to keep calm when a lot of my life is up in the air. Feelings like this really affect my process too, my mind gets totally restless and it is hard to do what I am *supposed* to be doing. With a show rapidly approaching, trying out new forms and glazes does not really fit in with the plan. Don't get me wrong, a lot of breakthroughs happen when you are pushed out of your comfort zone, but I am at the point where I should be producing multiples of things that I have spent the last three months developing, not making new things still. When this happens I usually try to work on some other aspect of the show, like posters, a title for the collection, displays etc...

 So, I actually have some productive things to announce today.  1)I finally settled on a title for my show, "Head in the Clouds, Feet on the Ground." This concept encapsulates my feelings about pottery as a whole, straddling the line between decorative and functional, art and physical use, imagination and reality. I'll be doing a whole post on this duality that I feel defines my work later this month.

2) I am done with my poster!! It gets printed on Monday. I had a lot of fun making it with my new graphic tablet. It was a completely different experience from making my last poster. 3) I also ordered my new business cards, which should be here in a couple of weeks. I'll post a picture when they come in.


Tempered Design's Office


 3) Also, my good friend Elijah George over at Tempered Design  has agreed to make my displays for the show. I can't tell you how excited I am about this. His pieces are super cool, and they will also be for sale during the show!!! Check out some of his other work in the link above. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.


     Hope you all are doing well, and being productive!! Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment