Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thank You Kiln Gods!

Well, it has been about three months since I have been able to get in the studio as much as I'd like, and I think that I have gotten a system down. There is definitely still some room for tweaking, but I'm pretty happy with the consistency of my results at this point, which is saying something. At first, a new firing method and new materials was pretty daunting, but I think that the challenge of adapting to suit my new environment has pushed me to make better pieces, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what I can come up with here.

In other news, I am teaching a surface design workshop and mini-class next session (Jan-Feb) at Sawtooth for those of you in the Winston-Salem area. I'm super excited about it. The catalog will be out soon with more information. Also, the winter sale at Sawtooth called,"Deck the Halls" opens in December, so if you are looking for an awesome handmade present to give to someone this holiday season come check it out. The opening party is November 29th, more information is available on Sawtooth's website here.

Without further ado, here are some recent photos!!! These pieces will be available at Deck the Halls! Enjoy, Bianca











No comments:

Post a Comment