Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Upcoming Classes and More Seconds

Hey, my North Carolina folks, just a heads up... my class on creative surface designs  at Sawtooth School for Visual Arts still has a few seats left. You do not need to be able to draw for this one, and it is a great way to expand your pottery knowledge. It's going to fill up soon, so get your spot while you can. Classes start July 15th; it's four Monday mornings 10AM-12:30 PM. Here is a link to check out what classes are still available for summer 2013!

In other news, we were talking about seconds last time, things that for some reason or another are just not quite up to snuff. I am sad to say that these awesome lidded jars that I made (I was planning on entering them into a juried art show coming up) are just such a thing. The imperfections are minor, and they are still very beautiful, but I just can't enter them the way they are.

Normally, when something doesn't work out I find something else to do with the piece, but I am kind of stuck on these. They were just so much work, literally over a month start to finish for all three. Pottery can be such a challenge when you lose a project you've been working on for forever. It is a constant reminder to not get too attached to the things you make, and to really value what you learned in the process of making, instead of the object itself. Sometimes that is harder than others, I guess. They still look great as photos. Check them out for yourself below.




No comments:

Post a Comment